Saturday, November 14, 2009

Decisions, decisions.

Today I checked out a couple new rental possibilities. The stuff I saw last weekend didn't really blow my metaphorical skirt up. One place way out on the outskirts of Beaverton I had seen on a drive by and was still available, so I made an appointment for that place first. Apparently whoever is in charge of scheduling at the rental office wasn't paying attention and didn't mark it down. I showed up today and had to wait an hour for anyone to come let me in. That's not really the important part though.

Of the two places I saw, I lean pretty easily toward that one because the neighborhood seems really nice and quiet, despite the extra room, increased cost, and need to buy a washer and dryer. I think I would prefer it long term. The other place is a great deal, but is in a more run down area and didn't knock my socks off (to use another cliche). The question, then, is mostly about do I want to save some extra money and deal with an inferior home for a few years? I feel like I already know the answer but am hesitant to commit.

No comments: