While I'm pretty sure nobody reads this, every subscriber to the weekend Bee may have a chance to read my thoughts on the proposal to began Phase I of California's high speed rail project (also known as Proposition 1A), as I was asked today to give my permission to have my online comment published in the print edition of the paper next weekend. It's funny because I felt the need, for some reason, to post in the Bee's "Conversation" section last week when I read the article on it. Usually I dislike the discussion on the Bee's website due to some serious displays of ignorance, and this certainly had its moments.
I'm not sure what the columnist was particularly noteworthy about my post, but to summarize, I questioned the logic behind borrowing $10 billion to finance the beginning of a project nobody is really sure will ever happen when there is every indication we will end the fiscal year at least that much in the red. There were other jabs at urban sprawl and our shoddy mass transit system, but that was the gist.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment