Sunday, November 2, 2008

What the...what the....??????

Needed to write this down because it was one of the most bizarre conversations I've ever had. Several weeks ago I contacted a woman via craigslist about a room she had available for rent in Salem. It sounded like a good place and it turns out it's about a mile from where I'll be working. Then, I was informed that my start date was pushed back a month, so I let her know that and said I'd contact her once I knew when I'd be moving to see if she still had a room. Well, I did just that a couple days ago. I spoke to her tonight and...well.....she might be a little bit crazy.

It seemed like things were steering in the right direction, she mentioned that other people have inquired and that because of Oregon's special legislative session, the available rooms may be more competitive than usual come December. After I got some clarification on that...she started to talk about the state of the home improvements she is doing and out of nowhere states that I need to give her a concrete answer and make up my mind, because she hasn't heard from me for six weeks and now I all of a sudden call her up. Then she said she was just monologuing since I wasn't saying anything and maybe it would be best if I looked elsewhere. I said, "I'm confused..." oweing to the fact that I HAD ALREADY TOLD HER I WOULD GET BACK TO HER ONCE MY START DATE WAS KNOWN, and she hung up on me.

I mean, wtf? I never had the slightest impression that she was a headcase...maybe I was snatched from the jaws of craziness.

No comments: