I was not particularly enthused about returning to work today after my merry little excursion down to Sacramento over the weekend. Why should I have been, after visiting my friends and family in a whirlwind of hugs?
(Forgive me, for I started this hours ago and then experienced my first night of WoW raiding...and now it's hours later. Good lord.)
Suffice to say I did not start the day in the best of moods. It was soon brightened when I learned that the girl I've been seeing, Stormy, decided it was in her best interest to keep things moving along in spite of her concern that her oddball work schedule will conspire to keep us apart. Work schedule be damned, I said, and after some cajoling and some careful consideration, she agreed. It's certainly been an up and down several days on that front, I can tell you.
Then, toward the end of the day, I received a message from my boss on my Blackberry. It said "Call me plz". That's the first thing I haven't figured out - why does he have to send a message asking me to call him when he has my damn number? But I digress. During the ensuing call, it was relayed to me that one of the potential customers recently paraded through Portland and Salem had in fact become an actual customer, and was on the fast track to getting machines installed within a couple months. And wouldn't you know it, they are going with on-site service, and boss man says there's a 98% chance that on site rep will be me. Which means I'd get to work in Portland after all.
You see, when I took the transfer up to Oregon, I had originally thought it was a Portland-based job, which is precisely where I wanted to be. Unfortunately, that was not entirely accurate, and I ended up in Salem, where I was *supposed* to be the on-site rep. However, the State of Oregon never signed the contract to that end, which left me in a sort of limbo the last several months. During the most recent visit by the sales reps, I told them that whoever puts up the money first for on site service gets me, regardless of where that is. Apparently that will be Epic. Nothing is for sure, nothing is final, but that is certainly a step in the right direction, and a development that while I had certainly been hoping for, I was not betting on. Then I just have to commute to Portland 45 miles each way 5 times a week until my lease is up.
That sounds fun.
The moral of tonight's story is that you can never really know where things are headed, but sometimes they work out for the best. Or they don't, but you're really into this girl anyway and you won't let some silly scheduling conflict get in the way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment