Sunday, June 14, 2009

I would say that I'm a creature of habit, except I dislike cliched statements. I'm a creature of routine. Once I establish one, it's easy to maintain. It's the part where I have to actually establish it that gets me. A friend of mine told me about a website - www.43things.com - where you can keep a running list of goals, and mark them complete as you...complete them. I think I have seen it before, but I didn't bother to use it at the time. I started my own list now, and I'm trying to keep it simple. Instead of "design and film a stop-motion music video", I set a goal to be "make a 10 second stop-motion video", because that in itself is hard as hell to finish and accomplishing a smaller goal will hopefully make it easier to work on a larger one.

Instead of "drop 50 pounds", I started with "make an effort to improve my health." Vague, sure, but an effort is an effort, and I can cross that off and make a new one that's a little more meaningful.

(30 minutes later) Wow, I got completely sidetracked doing some financial calculations and forgot I was even writing this blog. Now, of course, my focus is elsewhere and I don't remember what I was even leading up to.

No comments: