Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Days like today

I had a very simple plan for today: run into the State office, grab a part for a guy in Florida, send it off, head back here to do some silly online training assigned to me. Tomorrow was when I was supposed to be busy.

I'm there for five minutes, checking that I have the right part when one operator comes to tell me his machine is screwing up. I take the part with me, head over, solve his problems, am watching it run when the floor lead comes over and says that the sorter sounds like a jackhammer. Oh goody. So I take a look at that; there's nothing I can do with it because I need to replace an assembly and can't find one. So that's on standby. Over the course of the next few hours (!!!), I am called over to 4 out of the 5 machines that I am responsible for maintaining. Everything gets running, but I am still waiting on the one assembly to come through. I did get the part sent off, about 2 hours after I had intended to.

One of those days.

No comments: